Thursday, February 16, 2012

If Only I Were a Quant

I just got done reading Nanosecond Trading Could Make Markets Go Haywire. It was a crappy way to start the day, but at least it's Thursday. Here is a quoted quote. "We now live in a world dominated by a global financial market of which we have virtually no sound theoretical understanding.” -- automated trading researcher John Cartlidge

Eight days ago (2/8/02012) the following was one of my Facebook postings.

I just went through my Timeline to find this Facebook update from eight days ago (2/8/02012)... Interesting Moore's Law observation from Martin Ford's book "Lights in the Tunnel". The computers on Wall Street that help cause the 02007 economic meltdown had doubled in power by the time Martin wrote his book in 02009. It has been two years since Martin documented that observation and that means the power of Wall Street computers have doubled again.

No comments:

Post a Comment