Thursday, March 29, 2012

Illumina Needs to Say no, nO, NO!

It's 5:47am MST on 02012.03.29 and the markets open in 45 minutes. I take a peek at the GDT::Portfolio and in pre-market trading the ILMN (Illumina) volume is 2+ million shares. There's news... Is it good news or bad news... Close eyes and scroll down to see the headlines... The headline is: "Roche Raises Hostile Bid for Illumina to $6.7 Billion"... Still, I need to spend some time deciding if this good news or bad news.

Illumina (ILMN) closed yesterday (02012.03.28) at $49.88. 52-week range: $25.57 - $79.40. Roche's initial offer was $44.50 and their new offer is $51. I don't want sell our ILMN shares at $51 because I think they are worth more than that; therefore, this is potentially bad news because other investors might disagree with my opinion and be happy cashing out at $51. I continue to believe Roche is trying to buy Illumina on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment