Thursday, March 27, 2014

Red Hat (RHT) Reports 4Q'14 Results

Red Hat (RHT) reported 4Q'14 results after the market closed today (02014.03.27). A couple of items from Red Hat's 4Q'14 press release.
"Red Hat continues to deliver a compelling combination of revenue growth, profitability and cash flow."

[...]

"We continued to invest in new technologies and commercial capabilities that further expand our future growth opportunities in open hybrid cloud computing".

I like the phrase "open hybrid cloud computing." #OpenHybridCloudComputing

I like Red Hat's use of the word future because for me it's all about the #future.

These days when I look at a Red Hat quarterly results press release, I immediately goto "cash and investments." As of 28 Feb 02014: $1.49 billion.

RHT closed today (02014.03.27) at $56.13. Intra-day low was $54.80. 52-week range: $41.89 - $61.45.

"Don't fall in love with your stocks" is true. I don't love RHT, but I'm sure glad RHT is a GDT::Portfolio stock (it's currently at #6). I'm a long-term thinker of Open Source being a sustainable movement and not a revolution. RHT is a leader in Open Source computing and for a long time I've been calling myself a FLOSSer (i.e. user of Free/Libre Open Source Software). I need to sell some RHT at $67.48, so I'd like to see a near term RHT pop.

[sidebar] I'd like to see Red Hat Inc. switch from fiscal year reporting to calendar year reporting. Still, I like that 02014 is don and we're currently in 1Q'15. To me, 02015 sounds like a futuristic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment