Friday, August 24, 2012

Geeknet; Yahoo!; Hanger

I don't know which stock I find most frustrating: Geeknet or Yahoo! Geeknet (GKNT) has dropped under $18 today (02012.08.24), while Yahoo! (YHOO) is under $15.

Earlier this week Geeknet announced that the president and CEO of ThinkGeek is quitting. I consider this opportunity for Geeknet to bring in a real geek to run ThinkGeek. I hope they take advantage of this opportunity, but right now it appears Wall Street is skeptical.

Wall Street also appears to be skeptical as to what Yahoo!'s new CEO is going to accomplish. Here's a headline I saw at the Motley Fool today: "Yahoo Takes on the World: $4 Billion War Chest and a New CEO".

Hanger (HGR) is one stock that I've never sensed any frustration with. Today (02012.08.24) some firm named Stephens initiate HGR coverage with an 'Overweight' rating. There target price is $35. HGR closed yesterday at $26.87. 52-week range: $14.57 - $27.90. HGR hit the $27.90 52-week high three days ago on 02012.08.21.

No comments:

Post a Comment